Monday, July 14, 2014

Officially Zambian!

Dear Family,
Well this week was incredibly uneventful. I have been racking my brain trying to think of something interesting to write home this week and I'm just not coming up with much. It wasn't a bad week but it was just kind of boring!
 
I did get my birthday package and a bunch of letters from friends though so that was exciting.
 
One exciting piece of news from the week is that I found out that I have been officially reassigned to the Zambia Lusaka mission. woohoo! Up untill now I have still been a visa waiter. It's not so much that I didn't want to go back to Botswana, but its just nice to know for sure now what is going on. Plus I really like Zambia. I was hoping Id' get to stay here. And now I will!
 
Things at our house have been super hectic lately too. There are 7 of us now staying in the same flat. Its a big flat but still... thats a lot of sisters. Luckily we all get along great. Its pretty cool- 3 of the sisters (Sister Fokoto, Sister Mbonyana, and Sister Makunye) all speak xhosa. Its a South African language with clicks in it. Sometimes they speak it to each other in the house. Its awesome! Sister Fokoto is teaching me how to click. There are 3 different types of clicks in xhosa. The letter x makes one, the letter c makes another, and the letter q makes another. I'm ok at the c and the x but the q is kind of hard. But I've been practicing. By the time we aren't companions anymore I'll be a pro.
We also had a pretty fun FHE last week. I think I told you about it. It went really well. We all had a lot of fun. We played that pictionary telephone game- the one where you write a sentence, then the next person draws a picture, then the next writes a sentence. It was hilarious! No matter how many times I play that game it never gets old. We have another FHE tonight with all the missionaries again at a different member's house. I'm really excited for that one too.
 
Well thats about it for this week. Hopefully next week will be a little more eventful. Have a good week!

Lots of love,
Sister Gehring

Mission  Leadership Council-July


The best district ever! Elder Barnard, Elder Packer, Sister Fokoto, me, Elder Hill, Elder Allred.

The mission president's wife doing some homeopathic something to fix Sister Ntuli's ear. Mostly it just looked hilarious.

Sister Lyon and Sister Ruth all ready for bed.

Thank you for the package!!!!!

Did I tell you that my companion is Lady Gaga?

Sister Skidmore (the office sister) took these at MLC. Before she took the first one she said ''You eat like an Elder! That's so cute!''



I love this picture!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment