Monday, July 28, 2014

Frogs are evil and scary

Dear Family,
 
Once upon a time I am companions with an awesome sister missionary from South Africa. Her name is Sister Fokoto. She hates frogs. A lot. Yesterday morning as we were walking into church, Sister Fokoto screamed at the top of her lungs and teleported across the church's lawn (ok maybe not but she ran fast enough to call it that). I ran over to her to see what was wrong. Guess what was wrong... yup. She'd seen a frog. I about died laughing. I've never seen anyone run so fast! I love my companion.

 
Well this week was pretty much the same as all the other weeks. We did missionary work, we did some service, we met some crazy people, we laughed, we sang, we did it again the next day. Life is good.
 

Sadly nobody came to church again yesterday so we are going to have to move some people's baptism dates back again. Its frustrating but not discouraging. We are just going to keep on going! This is only guessing but I think they might close our area at the end of next month. There are a few sisters going home and they don't have enough new ones coming in to replace them all so one area has to close. I'm pretty sure it will be this one. It just hasn't made much progress so I bet they will put it on hold till they have enough missionaries to fill in the spaces. But I suppose only time will tell for sure.


One great thing that happened this week was the fireside we put on yesterday for the members. It was awesome. We had one of the Elders talk about member missionary work, a couple members bore testimonies, and then we role played! We had members come to the front, we gave them a scenario, and then they had to figure out how to use that scenario to share the gospel. It was a lot of fun but I think they learned a lot too. Hopefully it will help the members get excited about missionary work!

 
Another great thing about the week was Hellen. She is 19 yr old girl that just got baptized about a month ago. She's been coming around teaching with us and she is powerful! She seems like she's been a member her whole life! Its been awesome having her with us. She wants to go on mission as soon as she can.

 
Well thats really about it for this week. Sorry I haven't had much to say these past few weeks! I've been here for so long the time and the days seem like they are all running together. But its all good. I'm actually going to be really sad if they move me out of this area. I like Lusaka a lot. But I'll go where the lord wants me to go!

 
I love you so much! Have a good week!

 
Love, Sister Gehring

No comments:

Post a Comment