Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I made it!!

Hello!!  I just wanted to let you know that I made it safely to Zambia! Sister Vea and I left Botswana early this morning and flew to Johannesburg. We had a 3 hour layover at the airport there and then we flew to Lusaka. The mission president and his wife picked us up and we just got to the mission office! So we get to email you and tell you that we are here. It is soo green here I can't even believe it. After coming from Botswana which is just brown as far as you can see its way different here. I love it already. Sister Vea and I will be companions whitewashing an area right here in Lusaka so I am excited about that. Funny story: We live next door to the Humphreys! I haven't met them yet but I thought that was pretty cool. The mission president and his wife, President and Sister Erickson, are so incredible. They have already welcomed us like we were one of their own. I feel very at home and at peace here. This is definitely an adventure! I can't believe I'm here! I'm so excited!

 

Well I love you! I'll talk to you on Monday!

 

Love Sister Gehring

 p.s. the mailing address is :

 Sister Chelsea Gehring

Zambia Lusaka Mission

14038 Katima Mulilo Road

Lusaka 10101

Zambia

No comments:

Post a Comment