Monday, August 19, 2013

Huge changes...

Dear Family,
Well not a whole lot happened this week. We taught some lessons, knocked on some doors.
Today I will be driving down to Gaborone to pick up my brand new greenie straight out of the MTC. Starting tomorrow, I am a trainer. Its NUTS!
 
That's pretty much been all that's happened this week. Transfers. Things have been crazy around here. We have been moving people around, doing tons of cleaning and organizing and getting ready, all on top of still keeping up with the two areas. Sister Nyambita, Sister Graves, and I are all training brand new sisters. ( I think they saw how hard we worked this last transfer and realized we could handle it) None of us know who they are yet. All we know is that they are new. We are driving to Gabs as soon as we finish emailing and we will be there til Wednesday. I am staying in Monarch which I am so excited for, Sister Graves is going back to Francistown, and we aren't sure where Sister Nyambita is going yet. We are pretty sure she is opening an area though. Molepolole (a village near Gabs) is opening to sisters for the first time ever! And we think she and her greenie will be opening it. Half of our Zone is being transferred actually. There are tons of huge changes happening. Its all really exciting. The work in Botswana is definitely moving forward.

Honestly I can't really think of much else to say about this week. Transfers have pretty much taken over our lives this week. The work is still going well. I am still in love with Monarch and the people here. I am so excited to be staying here for at least another 3 months (that's how long the training program is). I'm a little nervous to be taking over the area without someone here who knows the area better than I do. Its going to be a real test of faith. I'm going to have to be relying on the spirit a lot more than I have been. That will definitely be good for me. It will be good for my new companion too. But it definitely won't be easy.

Well I know this email was really short. Sorry about that. But this is about everything that's been going on! I love Botswana with all my heart. I'm so blessed to be here

My favorite scripture of the week is 3 Nephi 17:3. After Christ has just been teaching the Nephites he tells them to go pray about the message. Even Christ didn't want the people to take his word for it. He told them to pray about it. It just shows me how important it is to gain a personal witness.

Well I love you lots and I'll talk to you next week!
Love, Sister Gehring



No comments:

Post a Comment