Monday, May 27, 2013

Sick days :(

 
Well hello again!

There is pretty much nothing to report this week. Tuesday and Wednesday were really really awesome days. We were taught 7 lessons on Tuesday and 6 on Wednesday I think. Which is fantastic. But Wednesday night I got a really bad headache and I was just exhausted. So I went home and pretty much went straight to bed. Then Thursday I could not wake up. At all. Sister Anderson tried for about an hour but I just couldn't wake up. So I spent the whole day in bed. To be honest I'm a little bit afraid that weird sleeping thing that happened senior year is starting again. So I have just been taking it really easy.

On Friday though I was able to get myself out of bed for long enough to go to the huge residency meeting. It went so incredibly well. We passed out probably 100 copies of the Book of Mormon, tons of pamphlets, tons of pass along cards, and the people who came were clearly touched by the spirit. It was fantastic. The down side is that nobody who was supposed to show up actually showed up. Nobody from the residency council came. So basically it didn't help us at all in the direction we wanted it to. But there were other government officials there that we are hoping will pass the message along. We were clearly supposed to have that meeting but maybe not for the reason we initially thought. At this point we are just going to have to rely on faith that residency will work out. The Lord wouldn't have set up the new mission if it wasn't going to work out so I know it will all be ok. With enough prayers the Lord will provide a way.

Then the rest of Friday, all day Saturday and except for church, all day Sunday I've spent pretty much in bed. I feel so bad for Sister Anderson cause she's been stuck inside with me too. She's been a saint though taking care of me. She's definitely taken on a mom role. And she has been so sweet about it. I couldn't ask for a better companion. I think I'm doing a little better today. I only took one nap and it was only 2 and a half hours long. The plan is to start doing half days this week so we can still be teaching but I can also still be resting. But we aren't going to push it too hard. I got a priesthood blessing from Elder Jorgensen so I know it will be fine. He didn't however say that I would be better soon. He said that if I endure this, I will be able to resume my missionary work and my testimony will grow. So for now we are just going to take it easy and do the best we can for the circumstances.

Just know that I really am ok. This is just a trial of my faith and strength. I’ll get through it and all will be well. I love you all so much. Thank you for the prayers and support. I can't tell you how much I appreciate them.

Lots of love,

Sister Gehring
Us at the fancy residency meeting.


We aren't sure what this means but it just doesn't seem sanitary...

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Girl,
    Please do take care of your self. I think it is very sensible to be working half days. I hope you can do the essential things and let the rest go until you are ready. You know of course that we pray for you every day.
    There is a sleeping sickness in Africa, so if you aren't making progress, be sure your mission president knows.
    Love you lots!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete